Joined: 03 Nov 2006
|After using Scrybe a bit now, I thought I'd list some suggested feature enhancements. Some of these may have been already mentioned in the forums already, so consider those a reinforcement of those ideas:
- iCal Support(Critical): I believe this is on the roadmap already, but the sooner the better. This should also include the ability to subscribe to external iCal calendars.
- Global Search capability across the application: PLEASE!
- Full calendar sync capability with major services such as Google Calendar, Outlook: this could be a follow on to iCal support.
- Email Integration: Since many of our tasks are generated from emails anyway, a big time saver would be the ability to send an email to an address and have the title entered as the task, the body in the notes, and any attachments entered in the upcoming ThoughtStream. The other option would be to just provide some link to the entire email in the ThoughtStream.
- Extract using filters: Currently your data extract function populates the entire set of open items in the list regardless of the filter you have on. This should be changed to respect the current filter so you could extract subsets of data.
- Ability to archive completed items (note that if the extract would use the filter as mentioned above you could at least filter on completed items and then extract them on a per list basis).
- Ability to have multiple labels/lists per item.
- Ability to categorize lists themselves (useful for separating them into areas of responsibility, goals, etc.)
- An option to just keep the "rollover tasks to today" box always checked: it seems to default to off each day.
- PDA sync
- More complex filtering (eg. multiple labels, date ranges, etc.)
- When choosing the time in the details box, you have to use the up and down arrow keys to change the time to go from AM to PM. It would be far easier to just be able to click the AM/PM labels.
- A non-flash/basic interface option for other browsers, PDA's, Smartphones, etc.
- Ability to hide calendars: while I understand that you will eventually have multi-calendar options vs. the current labels, please allow the ability to show/hide specific calendars.
- Ability to permanently delete the local copy of the data on the PC.
- Ability to filter out note/information-type list items from tasks when looking at ALL.
- Ability to print multiple pages if lists go over space on single page papersync formats. Same if you want to print out future weeks.
As more ideas pop up, I'll post them, but this should be a good start:)