Information Collection and Use
Scrybe™ collects personal information when you
establish a Scrybe™ account, when you use the Scrybe™ service, and when you
Personal information is information about you that is personally identifiable like your name, email address, or phone number, and that is not otherwise publicly available.
▪ When you register we ask for information such as your name, email address, birth date, and gender. Once you create a Scrybe™ account and sign in to our services, you are not anonymous to us.
▪ Scrybe™ automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser.
▪ Scrybe™ may use information for the following general purposes: to customize the advertising and content you see, fulfill your requests for products and services, improve our services, contact you, conduct research, and provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients.
▪ When you enable OfflineSync™, Scrybe™ stores your data in a temporary folder on your machine. You should only enable OfflineSync™ on machines that you trust for example your laptop, home machine or work machine. It is strongly recommended that you don't enable OfflineSync™ on machines that are shared with other people, for example libraries, airports, internet cafe's etc.
Choices for personal information
When you sign up for a particular service that requires registration, we ask you to provide personal information. If we use this information in a manner different than the purpose for which it was collected, then we will ask for your consent prior to such use.
If we propose to use personal information for any purposes other than those described in this Policy and/or in the specific service notices, we will offer you an effective way to opt out of the use of personal information for those other purposes. We will not collect or use sensitive information for purposes other than those described in this Policy and/or in the specific service notices, unless we have obtained your prior consent.
You can decline to submit personal information to any of our services, in which case Scrybe™ may not be able to provide those services to you.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Scrybe™ does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies except to provide products or services you've requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
▪ We have your consent. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
▪ We provide such information to our subsidiaries, affiliated companies or other trusted businesses or persons for the purpose of processing personal information on our behalf. We require that these parties agree to process such information based on our instructions and in compliance with this Policy and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
▪ We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of Scrybe™, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
▪ We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to the Scrybe™ service, such as service announcements, administrative messages and the Scrybe™ Newsletter that are considered part of your Scrybe™ account, without offering you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving them.
▪ Scrybe™ may update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your Scrybe™ account or by placing a prominent notice on our site.
© 2006 Canbi (Pvt.) Ltd. All Rights Reserved.